Download the First Assignment:
Biology 12 First Assignment RTF
View the complete Learning Outcomes for this course: Biology 12 Integrated Resource Package (Biology 12 Learning Outcomes begin on page 19
Biology 12 online - Version 05 (4 credits)
This course is weighted towards cell and human biology, with a repeating theme of homeostasis and control mechanisms throughout.
Module 1: Cell Biology 1
- Section 1.1: Introduction to Biology, Cell Structure and Function
- Section 1.2: Cell Compounds & Biological Molecules
- Section 1.3: Transport Across Cell Membranes
Module 1 Test covers the work of Module 1.
Module 2: Cell Biology 2
- Section 2.1: DNA/RNA Structure and Function, DNA Replication. Recombinant DNA
- Section 2.2: Protein Synthesis, Mutations of DNA
- Section 2.3: Enzyme Metabolism, Factors Affecting Enzyme Action, Thyroxin
Module 2 Test covers the work of Module 2.
Module 3: Human Biology 1
- Section 3.1: Digestive System
- Section 3.2: Circulatory System
- Section 3.3: The Heart
- Section 3.4: Respiratory System
Module 3 Test covers the work of Module 3
Module 4: Human Biology 2
- Section 4.1: Nervous System
- Section 4.2: Urinary System
- Section 4.3: Reproduction
Module 4 Test covers the work of Module 4
The resources for this course are:
- Textbook: Inquiry into Life
Note: A simple calculator will be helpful for this course.
- 13 Section Assignments/Quizzes: 40%
- 4 Module Tests: 60%