Culinary Arts 12
To request the First Assignment for this course, please fill out this form:
First Assignment Request Form
Contact the Culinary Arts 12 teacher for help.
Introduction to Culinary Arts 12 (student receives credit for Home Economics: Foods and Nutrition 12)
Can you imagine a world with no restaurants or fast-food drive-throughs? Since nearly every main street in Canada is now lined with these establishments, it may be hard to envision life without them. Yet there was a time when the only food a person consumed was the food prepared by himself or his family. The food service industry has shaped our society in innumerable ways, from pumping money into the economy to changing the way Canadians eat (for better or for worse!). To begin with, Unit One/First Assignment: The History and Development of the Food Service Industry examines the rich history of the food service industry as well as some of its key players.
- UNIT ONE - First Assignment
- UNIT TWO: Food, People, and Society
- UNIT THREE: Basic Nutrition
- UNIT FOUR: Culinary Arts Safety
- UNIT FIVE: Laws and Regulations Governing Food Service
- UNIT SIX: Fundamental Skills in Culinary Arts
- UNIT SEVEN: Careers in the Culinary Arts Industry
- UNIT EIGHT: Becoming Employable in the Culinary Arts Industry
Each unit has assignments which consist of questions responding to text and video, topics. Each unit also has a quiz. There is a midterm and a final exam. No materials; all lessons and assignments are online.
Unit One/First Assignment 10%
Seven Unit Assignments 70%
Unit Quizzes 10%
Midterm & Final Exams 10%