PACE: Performance Athlete Custom Education
(Click the logo to go to the Navigate Pace site)
Four Options for PACE:
1. Take Specialized PACE Courses
Curriculum Designed for High Performance Athletes (Grades 10-12)
Students register for one or more of our unique PACE courses (core or electives) in grades 10-12 and apply these credits towards their graduation program at their home school or as full time PACE students at Navigate (NIDES).
These courses include:
- Planning 10 for Athletes: Planning 10 designed for athletes, with assignments that reflect their needs and interests while completing the required Ministry learning outcomes for this course required for graduation
- Physical Education 10, 11, 12: Through this series of unique 20 week, four credit courses, students complete the provincial learning outcomes for Physical Education 10 (required), as well as PE 11 & 12 (electives), by documenting their existing training and competition/performance program
- PACE Applied Skills 11: This course focuses on the development of a personal website to highlight and communicate your training plans, resume, a portfolio of achievements, major interests, training background and strategies for promotion to recruiters, scouts and schools (more information coming soon!)
- PACE Independent Directed Studies 10-12: Go deep into a subject that reflects your passion in sports and performance. These two or four credit IDS courses are co-designed by the student and allow for in depth research and understanding of a topic with the support and guidance of a teacher
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing 11: A four credit elective course that introduces students to the marketing fundamentals behind professional sports and entertainment, and directly shapes the lives of athletes and performers in these multi-billion dollar global industries
2. Be a Full-Time PACE Student Athlete @ Navigate
- Students register full time with Navigate (NIDES) in the PACE program and complete all of the required and elective courses from grades 8-12 with the school.
- Allows maximum flexibility for the students and parents to tailor learning around training and competition cycles each year. Students can complete one course at a time or as many as they would like to take when they would like to take them; advancing the student towards their high school graduation goals
- Students take one or more of our specialized PACE courses to personalize their learning and extend their preparation for post-secondary programs
- PACE full time students have the added support of our dedicated PACE Teacher and Counsellor to ensure that your are making the most of your training and academic schedule and staying on track to meet your training and graduation goals
- Navigate (NIDES) offers a full slate of required and elective courses (Grades 8-12), based on the BC Curriculum and Graduation Program. Working with the PACE Counsellor at the school, students and parents create a specialized “Learning Plan” that maps out the learning journey and sequence of courses to create the best fit around individual training and completion cycles.
3. Take Cross-Enrolled Courses Year Round
Students continue to attend their regular middle or high school, but register with Navigate to take one or more courses (Grades 8-12) with Navigate PACE. Students complete either the required core academic and/or elective courses all year round including the summer months
- Free up your training and competition time in one semester or every day all year round
- Go to our website for specific information on our 8-9 and 10-12 cross enrolled courses – www.navigatenides.com
- You can take Navigate grade 8-12 courses year round, including the summer. Our teachers, counsellors and support staff are here to assist you and help you complete your courses
4. Career Coaching
Scholarship Guidance for Athletes and Parents
TRIPLE PLAY ATHLETICS is an independent academic and athletic consulting company that provides comprehensive Athletic Planning, Preparation and Promotional workshops for families and athletes to assist them in developing the knowledge, skills, behaviours and habits that will allow them to reach their full potential as a high performance athlete.
Through a series of specialized workshops, TPA founder, Bill Green (Retired Principal, SD 71), works with athletes and their parents to optimize their athletic, academic and scholarship potential.