Navigate Version Online(4 credits)
Click here for the First Assignment:
Contact the Physics 11 teacher for help
View the complete Learning Outcomes for this course: Physics 11 & 12 Integrated Resource Package (Grade 11 Learning Outcomesare on page 16)
This is an ONLINE course, complete with online quizzes and tests, dropbox submissions, discussions, links to online resources and animations, online grades and communication with your instructor via pager, email and telephone. The online course is the recommended format.
It is recommended that students complete: Science 10 with a minimum grade of 65% and Foundations of Mathematics and Pre-Calculus (FMPC) 10 should be taken prior to, or concurrently with, Physics 11.
Unit 1: Kinematics and Dynamics
- Lesson 1: Mathematics in Physics (Course Activation Assignment)
- Lesson 2: Displacement, Velocity and Acceleration
Quiz #1; Labs #1 and #2
- Lesson 3: Projectile Motion
Quiz #2; Lab #3
- Lesson 4: Forces and Newton’s Laws 4,5
Unit 1 Test covers the work of Module 1.
Unit 2: Energy and Momentum
- Lesson 5: Work and Energy
- Lesson 6: Law of Conservation of Energy
- Lesson 7: Power and Efficiency
- Lesson 8: Momentum
Unit 2 Test covers the work of Module 2.
Unit 3: Waves, Relativity and Nuclear Energy
- Lesson 9: Waves
- Lesson 10: Sound
- Lesson 11: Geometric Optics
- Lesson 12: Wave Properties of Light
Quiz #8; Lab #4
- Lesson 13: Special Relativity
- Lesson 14: Nuclear Energy
Unit 3 Test covers the work of Module 3.
Cumulative course final exam to be written at local testing centre.